I've wandered through YouTube before, often with my daughter after she had seen something funny from a friend or at school. I am often amazed and befuddled at how long kids can sit and flip through YouTube. Every visit is something new, depending on where you begin.
You can find a video about almost anything, both the good and the bad. I like that anyone can post a video, from the amateur to the professional - they run the gamut. I came across a classic clip from Sesame Street: Cookie Monster in the Library.
If nothing else, the librarian in the skit can serve as a visual reminder of what we do not want to become. (Originally I found a version from Sesame Street which was a little more clear, but they had disabled embedding and I really wanted to include the video in my blog - so I went with the one above. The original can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZHPJT2Kp4.)
It would be neat to have video booktalks on a library website, along with previews of other video booktalks on the side similar to the "more" and "related videos" boxes in the sidebar on YouTube.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment