Friday, September 26, 2008

Week #4, Thing #9, Adding RSS feeds

Now that I'm savvy to the RSS feed icon, I will be seeking it out more often - and hopefully making use of it to add to my reader.

I found Blogline's "quick picks" to be very dull, especially compared to the groups I could select from in Google's Reader. Once I made use of Blogline's "Easy Subscribe" button it made things much easier - although I was often overwhelmed when I might get back a dozen to choose to subscribe to. Blogline was also good to search using the "search for feeds" from the drop down search box. I also really liked Google's Blog Search. It was very easy to use and use my link to add it to my Bloglines reader. The only drawback was that sometimes I thought I might have found the perfect site and when I clicked on the link, it opened up to a blank page - perhaps because a subscription/membership was required.

I'm not sure how much time I will spend actually searching out additional feeds. I think for my own use, I will simply add the feeds when I come across a site which I would like to monitor or stay up to date with - especially if it has the Rss feed icon.

No comments: