I was really impressed with some of the ideas included in California's wiki. How great that you can quickly share ideas with colleagues without having to go through extensive formats or forms to submit that idea. One thing that came to mind as I was reading the posted ideas was that some of the ideas suggested would require students to register - how does this work with COPPA? Or is it okay as long as they are over 13 years old? Doesn't this unfairly exclude our younger students - or is there a way around this?
I was equally impressed with the PA version as well. It will be interesting to see if what I posted gets edited. I like the idea that there needs to be an "invite key" to be able to edit which helps to control who can alter your wiki. One wiki/blog I saw, which was created for student use, included a disclaimer reminding students that AUP guidelines applied to the use/posting of the site. The only negative thing I could see was that I couldn't find an easy way to include a link to an image I created elsewhere other than hyperlinking the URL. It would have been nice to include a thumbnail of the image.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment