Where was this when I was taking cataloging?! It's almost too easy - I had to pinch myself to make sure I hadn't fallen asleep at the computer. Admittedly I only added the five titles required and it was a mix of personal, professional, and "on the job", so my catalog is very eclectic a this point. The popularity ranged from 16 to 869. However, I didn't find any discussions about them.
It was super easy to link to my LibraryThing catalog. I might have to try adding a widget in the future. At first I was a little skeptical as to how likely I might be to use this. Then I had my AHA! moment. I am always questioning if I have a certain title in my collection of children's books, many of which I use at school, but keep at home. If I catalogued my collection in LibraryThing then I could always tell at a glance if I had the book here at home. Further I occasionally raid my mother's collection - if I catalogued her books as well in another "library" I would know which books belonged to her and to look at her house rather than mine.
I am also thinking I would like to share this with my colleagues to keep track of their classroom libraries or personal collections. Thanks so much for this great tool.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment