When I completed a search on
Technorati, I got the same results for my search of "School Library Learning 2.0" in blog posts and blog directory (5) and no results for the same search in tags. As I further explored the site, it appeared that the authority linked with each site seemed to be based on the number of reactions posted. While searching what was popular, I thought it was worth noting that all of the movies were Paul Newman movies - I'm certain a direct result of his death. I also found it interesting that popular videos were determined from You Tube, and music, games, DVDs, and Books were determined by activity on Amazon during the past 48 hours.
So what do I think of tagging...
- Helps people find you & your blog (perhaps even people of like mind or interests)
- You have to tag following protocol to be included on Technorati
- The tags can be very subjective - if you get too specific in your tagging, you might get "overlooked"
- tagging is only beneficial if you know the lingo
No comments:
Post a Comment