There are so many avenues to explore in Flickr - you could literally "poke"around for days. I took the "Learn More" tour and then started looking around in the groups. I checked out the "Library" group and stumbled upon a post including information about a group at ALA called "Biblioquilters". They are a group of librarians and library staff, who quilt on the side, who meet at ALA and swap fabrics and ideas. I passed this information on to my mom who is a librarian and quilter. She had never come across this group when attending ALA conferences in the past, but she might seek them out now. Okay, so this wasn't the goal of this exercise, but I learned something new I could share.
Now, on to the task at hand. After checking out groups for a while, I searched in the "creative commons" area. I searched "sunsets" looking to see if I could find anything that reminded me of the view from our back deck at the lake. Nothing turned up after a few pages. I left my searching for a few days. When I came back to Flickr, I tried searching "books". This time I came up with something that caught my eye. That is the picture you see above. It is titled "One Book Survived". They note the irony in the title of the book - this was in New Orleans, after Katrina. How striking that this particular book "survived" the devastation, and that someone thought to take a picture of it in the midst of everything that was happening. (This photo was posted by Editor B, and it says it was taken by Eleanor.)
I added the "attempt 2" to my posting title because I tried to upload the image using Blogger's upload tool, but it wouldn't actually show the image. So I went back and set up an account with Flickr so that I could add the image to my post. Perhaps it was just the image I was trying to upload that was giving me fits.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment