Friday, August 8, 2008

Week 1, Thing #2, 7-1/2 Habits Musings

After viewing the 7-1/2 Habits, I really had a tough time deciding which habit was the easiest and the hardest for me. I tend to over analyze things, so I changed my mind numerous times. (I think I "failed" a test in a Psych. course for that very reason.) Probably the habit I have the easiest time with is teaching/mentoring others. I am always looking for ideas, strategies, materials, or tidbits that I can share with my colleagues. The hardest thing for me probably has to do with beginning with the end in mind. I can set goals with no problem, but the more difficult part of this is keeping to some sort of a timetable and breaking down the process into smaller tasks so that I can see some progress as I am on my way to the end goal. It seems there's always something else that needs my attention more urgently, or I tell myself that I'll get to it when I "check" a few other items off my "to do" list. (Which seldom happens before I drift off to dreamland at night.) Of course, the other habit that I often have a tough time getting around to is play. I'm working on that one, sometimes to the deferrment of those goals.

I'm thinking that setting up and signing a contract with myself for the completion of this Web 2.0 course might not be such a bad idea.

No comments: